Wednesday 28 October 2015

Doing Nano My Own Way


So Nanowrimo starts on Sunday, which for me is a good day to start as it’s a weekend. Sundays tend to give me more time to write but also my brain has generally not felt drained by other activities, making in normally my most productive writing day. And Wednesday, being my least productive day. Probably because it is the middle of the working week and my brain suffering from a certain level of mush. But I digress from the point of this post originally. So back to the my original point that nanowrimo starts on Sunday. And this week you are bound to find lots of posts explaining the pros, cons and realities of taking part in nanowrimo. Which I will talk more about at the weekend, but for today I’m focusing on the rules.
 

The aim of nanowrimo is start a new novel and write 50,000 words on that novel in the month. And that’s a great, if you have a new idea to start with or are not working on a current work in progress. But there is no hard and fast rules to taking part. So tonight, I am talking about my commitment to taking part this year. I am doing nanowrimo in my own way. My aim and I will monitor and publish my progress that I will write 50,000, just not on a new project on my current work in progress in order to finish it. I will let you know how I get on.

No comments: